Sophia has a new passion. Her daddy has introduced her to milkshakes. Recently Sophia and Daddy have begun to run an occasional errand together in the evenings. I think they both enjoy the time together, Travis for the special bonding he is able to do with his daughter and Sophia for the special treats she is able to get from her daddy. The other day I was out and decided to buy the kids a treat. Since Sophia has this new passion for milkshakes, I decided that milkshakes was a logical and easy choice. When I returned home with Sophia's surprise, I expected a big hug and kiss. Instead, she smiled, took the milkshake and ran to Travis. She then said ever so sweetly, "Daddy, you got me a milkshake. Thank you!" I guess some things are meant to be just for daddy's and daughters.Snake update: in case you were wondering . . . there are still snakes in Sophia's bed. Fortunately, the snakes are not as terrifying as when they first arrived. Sophia has come to accept them as a fact of life. When I take her to her room to put her to bed, she announces, "There are snakes in my bed" and then lays down to sleep. In the meantime, Sophia has learned all of the places that snakes actually live: jungles, deserts, the zoo, the woods, the farm . . . It's nice to know that something has come out of countless attempts by Travis and myself to convince Sophia that snakes do not in fact live in her bed.
Yesterday was my last big programming event as a Resident Director. We had our annual Melrose vs Ely Powder Puff football game and First Year bar-b-que, and I definitely ended my programming planning experience on a good note. We have done this event every year since I started as an RD, and I have to say this was our best year yet. We couldn't have asked for more beautiful weather--after all of the cold and rain we have had, the warm weather brought out A LOT of students. Travis brought the kids out, and they behaved beautifully and had a blast, too. It actually felt like one of those moments when the stars were aligned just right . . . beautiful weather, well behaved children, a good student turn out . . . It was a good event to end on.
Exciting news: Grant has gone slightly over a week without a single bathroom accident. This is huge. He does great most of the time, but we still occasionally have an accident when he is really engrossed in something or is just feeling a bit lazy. Most of the time I still remind him to take a bathroom break, but over the past week he has rejected my offers to take him to the bathroom, preferring instead to decide on his own when he will go. Several times this past week he has interrupted himself to announce "That means I need to go to the bathroom!" and off he goes. Dare I say that we have finally arrived???
No comments:
Post a Comment