Sunday, January 11, 2009

Just Plain Lazy . . .

I've been a lazy blogger. No good reason. Subconsciously, I think the delay was due in part to the fact that I did a lousy job at taking pictures over the holiday season. Posting about Christmas just didn't seem as fun without good pictures. I'm a bit disappointed in myself because I'm pretty sure I have lost track of some great moments and stories. Oh well, here's to getting back on track.

We all thoroughly enjoyed our two weeks off of school and were a bit sad to have to re-enter reality last Monday. Christmas was wonderful. Each year I think the holidays get more fun and more meaningful with the kids. We had more conversations this year about the meaning of Christmas, more Christmas lists, carols, and all other things Christmassy. Sophia was particularly into making Christmas lists. She is an advertisers dream . . . anything she saw in a commercial, she immediately added to her Christmas list. In fact, she has already started her list for next year. I will say that she was also quite excited about giving gifts. She is like her mama in that she loves a holiday. For his part, Grant was very much into the Christmas music. He can belt out a Christmas carol with the best of them. Of course, I believe that his versions of the carols were priceless (even if I can't remember the words to his version since I didn't blog about them soon enough!).

Here are a few pictures from Christmas (even if they weren't the good pictures I intended to take but never did):

Sophia's "I love Christmas" dance. You'll notice it looks a lot like her "I love snow" dance.

Grant got some all natural marshmallows in his stocking. Later in the day when I asked him what his favorite Christmas gift was, his answer was the marshmallows. Go figure.

Sophia is all about princesses this year. Most of her gifts were very girly.

One of Sophia's favorite gifts this year was her Billibou char from Uncle Steve.

The Billibou doubles as Sophia's "Mean Pet Turtle" . . . and a mask for "Waffle Man". Oh, the imaginations of children.

Here's to an end to blog sloth in the New Year.

No comments: