We are a family of five!!! Even after anticipating this reality for nine months it is still hard to get my head around it. I have three kids. Wow.
So Lillian Hope arrived on Dec. 2 at 10:48 am weighing 5 pounds 9 ounces. She is amazing. And so tiny! I stare at her and wonder how it is that a whole person can fit into 5 and half pounds. The spirit and potential that is held within those 5 and a half pounds is a little daunting. The relationships that those 5 and a half pounds will grow into is more than a little overwhelming...I look at her and have visions of the relationship she and I will have in the years to come and the relationships she'll have with her brother and sister, her dad, our extended family, with special family friends, and with God. And it's my job to nurture that whole person, that potential, and those relationships. Parenting is a pretty big deal, isn't it?
As for Grant and Sophia, they are completely smitten with the littlest Ferguson. Completely adore her. While it's true that I do feel like I spend an unexpected amount of time repeating things like, "Please don't yell while Lillian is sleeping", "Please stop poking Lillian's face", "Don't put your fingers in her mouth", and "Let's not kiss her on the lips", my heart melts when I watch my big kids love on their little sister. Both Grant and Sophia have been impressed me with the ways that they seek to love and nurture our girl. I am so excited to watch those sibling relationships grow. I am excited for Lillian that she will have her big brother and big sister looking out for her and caring for her as she grows older. I am excited for the time when Lillian is more interactive when I can watch Grant and Sophia receive smiles as their rewards for the attention they shower on her.
No comments:
Post a Comment