I love holidays and all of the trappings that come with them. So, over the past couple of weeks the kids and I have had some fun with pumpkins. First the kids painted our pumpkin. We enjoyed that look for a week or two and then Grant and I washed the paint off so that we could carve it. I wasn't sure how much Grant would get into to pumpkin carving, but he took to it like a natural. He scooped out all of the seeds and even came up with the design for the face by himself. He decided that he wanted to make star shaped eyes and thought of using our cookie cutters as a pattern. After we had our star eyes, Grant decided that he would like a crescent moon for a mouth.
You'll notice that Grant is wearing a Buzz Lightyear costume (he calls it his astronaut suit) to carve the pumpkin. Over the past year Grant has gathered quite the costume collection thanks to hand-me-downs and In addition to his astronaut suit, Grant now has a firefighter suit, a race car driver suit, and a tiger costume. Grant is getting very excited to go trick-or-treating. The other day I asked Grant what he wanted to be for Halloween. After I suggested several of his costumes, Grant thought for a minute and said, "Maybe I'll be a kid."
No comments:
Post a Comment