Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Waiting for Spring . . .

We are enjoying our second snow day of the week today. While I am always thrilled when Travis gets to stay home, we are ready for Spring! These are not the sort of snow days where everyone bundles up for a fun day outside in the snow. Yesterday as Travis came inside after retreiving groceries from the van he said, "It is not a winter wonderland out there." How true. Actually, school was canceled today because of the frigid temperatures more than the road conditions. Yep, we're ready for Spring.

While I am ready to be able to just pack up the kids for an afternoon at the park, I will say that I am proud of some of the activities we have come up with to entertain ourselves while we are cooped up inside. We have taken trips to both Grandparents' house, gone to Paradise Park, made numerous banners, played games, cooked (too many) cookies and brownies, had numerous "Talent Shows", and played dress-up. Here's a peek at some of our other "it's too cold to go outside" activities: We have developed the morning ritual of Mommy, Grant, and Sophia all snuggling on the couch as we wake up slowly (Mommy wasn't interested in having her picture taken first thing in the morning). Daddy is sweet and gets Sophia her morning cup of juice so that the snuggling may be prolonged. Some adults need coffee to get them going in the morning, likewise, Sophia simply cannot function without her morning cup of apple juice. Last week we did some pudding paintings--just what it sounds like, finger painting with pudding. I have to admit that we only do this one when I'm desperate for something different to do, because it's a bit messy. Sophia isn't one to enjoy sticky fingers, so she preferred to paint with a spoon! My girl loves her books! We ordered some new books and we are wearing them out!

Admittedly, sometimes we just stand at the window and watch for signs of Spring.

No comments: