Sunday, May 18, 2008

Bit by bit, row by row . . .

Summer is so close we can almost taste! Slower pace of life, watermellon, swimming, eating on the deck so the dining room floor stays clean . . . I mean so we can enjoy family time outside. Here are some hints of summer around the Ferguson house . . .

We're growing a garden and it's quite exciting. We've got peas, peppers, lettuce, tomatoes, and blackberries growing. The plan is to have green beans too, but I bought the wrong kind, so we'll have to see what goes in today.

Not kidding, a highlight of our day is going out to our little garden and seeing how our plants are doing. We're crossing our fingers for plenty homegrown produce.

Travis put up a hammock in the back yard. It's a fun idea, but I'm not gonna lie, the first time I tried it, I landed on the ground.

Sophia has had better luck than I did.

Grant's treat of choice these days is popcicles.

It wouldn't be summer (almost) for the Ferguson kids if water wasn't involved. We took the kids to a wedding yesterday and bribed the kids with the promise of water play if they behaved well. For the most part, they did.

No comments: