As you know, Grant is a kid who needs a lot of movement and sensory input. When we go to church we take a little bag with us full of things for Grant to fidget with during the service. Last week one of the things in the "Keep-Grant-Quiet-And-Happy-During-Church" bag was one of those cylinder shaped, liquid filled toys that turns inside itself when you hold on to it, making it feel like it's slipping out of your hand. (What are those things called??) Grant was sitting on Travis's lap. I vaguely recall hearing Travis whisper, "Grant, don't squeeze that so hard or it will . . ."
SPLASH!!!
Yep. It broke. You would not believe how much liquid is in one of those things . . . or how far that liquid would spray upon breaking one of those things. Grant's hands were about eight inches from my face when the toy broke, so much of the "water" was absorbed by my face and hair. Nice. Kind of like getting hit with a water balloon. Never had that happen to me in church before. Better me than someone else, I suppose. I wasn't the only one to get wet, however. Our friends Jordan and Abby, sitting on the other side of me, were also splashed a bit. Michelle was sitting behind us and had not seen the toy. She thought Grant had vomited and jumped up quickly to help clean up--I have to say that someone who jumps up to help rather than run when she thinks a child has thrown up deserves a pat on the back.
The Fergusons' are a fun bunch to have in church. Good thing we sit in the balcony.
1 comment:
Thanks for the laugh, I totally have a mental image of what that must have looked like, hehe. What good sports you are! Way to get mom and dad, Grant!
Post a Comment