Sunday, July 26, 2009

Son Rock Kids Camp!!

A couple of weeks ago Grant and Sophia attended our church's Vacation Bible School. The theme this year was "Son Rock Kids Camp". Both kids loved going to "camp" each day, doing crafts, playing games, and learning songs. I have been taking a class during the month of July that kept me from being able to help out this year. I have to say that I am very proud of the work that our church family did this year to nurture the faith of our kids. Watching my kids enthusiasm for going to church grow throughout the week reminded me that we are in a good place. I am so thankful that our children have a loving church family! The video above is of Sophia singing in the program at the end of the week. She was quite proud of herself. I was, too. Grant decided that he preferred to sing the songs from the "audience". He did a great job, too.

Grant's experience with Bible school this year reminded me of how far we've come in just one year. Last year the whole experience of going to church and being apart of something so exciting everyday was a bit overwhelming to him. I had volunteered to teach a class, so we couldn't quit going when it started to be too much for him. We left church each day last year with Grant (and at times Sophia and I, as well) in tears. We were all miserable by the end of the week. This year however, was a totally different story. Each day Travis and I arrived a little early so we could watch the kids during their closing session from the balcony. I was thrilled to see Grant attentive and engaged each day and to have Grant leave church each day smiling and talking about being excited for the next day. What a difference a year makes! Again, I am thankful that Grant has special adult friends at church who take the time to get to know him and to be Jesus with skin on for him!

1 comment:

Brandon, Misty, Kyla and Casey said...

So precious....and I loved the wave at the end!