Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Karate Kid . . .

So Grant is taking Karate lessons. This summer Travis and I decided that Grant was ready for an organized sport. We considered soccer and gymnastics, but in the end Grant expressed more interest in karate. Travis and I agreed that this might be a good place to start . . . organized and athletic, yet not really competitive is kind of Grant's style. The guy who runs the karate school is a friend of ours who we go to church with. He and the others at the school are wonderful to Grant. While I'll admit that when it comes to the art of karate, I don't get it, I will say that Grant seems to really enjoy his lessons. He improves every week and is learning some important life skills as well.

This past weekend Grant's karate school put on a demonstration at the Liberty Fall Festival. I took the above video using my still camera. While it does show the important part of what Grant did in the demonstration, I missed the funny part. After the above video ended, the audience applauded for Grant. Being a man who appreciates applause, Grant walked up the steps right behind where he broke his board and said loudly, "Thank you, thank you, thank you very much." Nothing like savoring his moment in the spotlight!

1 comment:

Brandon, Misty, Kyla and Casey said...

Yeah Grant....glad to see him enjoying Karate...thanks for sharing!