Sunday, October 18, 2009

Mission Accomplished . . .

I have wanted to run a half marathon for quite some time, and yesterday I accomplished that goal! I finished the Kansas City Half Marathon in 2 hours and 9 minutes. The race was particularly fun because my good friend Becca ran it too. Becca and I played soccer together at Jewell, and we now live about a block and a half from one another. We enjoyed cheering one another on as we trained for this race over the past several months. Becca and I didn't run the actual race together, but as I ran it helped to know she was out there running too.

Becca and I before the race.

And after. We survived!

My personal encourager.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Sheryl!! I'm so proud of you!
becca

TheCarlsonCrew said...

I so admire you ladies. Way to go! :)

Lindsey