Monday, March 29, 2010

Grant's new do . . .

Travis assures me that I will think this is funny one day, so I'm posting pictures in an effort to be a good sport. For the last seven years the Ferguson's have saved about $10 every other month by cutting Grant's hair at home. For the next eleven years the Ferguson's will happily spend $10 every other month to avoid what happened yesterday.

So, yesterday I decided to cut Grant's hair. Same as every other time, I got out the clippers, put on the number 4 guard and went at it. Only this time the guard fell off leaving this:

I felt sick. Really. I might have even cried just a little. Travis might have laughed. A lot.

The only way to fix it was to do this:

I am not wild about the buzz cut. When I see boys at my school with a new buzz cut I tend to think, "Aw, he was such a cute kid with hair. What was his mother thinking?" As it turns out, now I know that perhaps his mother was just thinking, "Time to give the kid the same haircut I've given him a hundred times before." And then the guard fell off the clippers. And then the mom cried a little while the dad shaved the rest of the kid's head.

After school today I asked Grant how his day was. He replied, "Great! And my friends didn't even make fun of my haircut."

Grant's hair will grow out. In the meantime Grant seems to like his new haircut just fine. And from now on I will happily take him to the barber shop. I promise.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it!
becca