So there...I've put in writing both that I'm going to update my blog and that I'm going to try to be positive for the next two weeks. Hopefully that will do it. Or maybe our girl could just come today!!
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
Waiting . . .
We're having a baby...in about two weeks. (Actually, when I started this post we had three weeks to go, but it has taken me so long to get this done that I had to change it.) At any other point in my life two weeks seems like a blink. However, being a girl who likes neither being pregnant nor anticipation of something I have no control over (in this case the timing of a birth), two weeks may as well be eternity. So, I will spend the next two weeks counting down days, thinking/hoping/praying that "today is the day" though knowing it's not likely going to be the day for at least another week and most likely two. In in effort to encourage a positive attitude in myself, I have decided that I should distract myself by getting as many things done as I can without expending much energy...so my "nesting" will include things like updating my nearly abandoned blog, watching movies with Sophia, reading with Grant, and maybe even having a dinner with friends rather than scrubbing the kitchen floor, because while I love a clean kitchen, I'm too tired and cranky with being preggo to actually be the one to clean it (though the very fact that it has taken me over a week to write this post would suggest that I'm not even good at lazy nesting).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You also put in writing that you wanted to eat dinner with friends... I'm in!!
Post a Comment