The first snow day of the season, however, was very fun. We joined some friends up at Jewell for an afternoon of sledding. I have to admit that I was a little nervous to take the kids sledding. Truthfully, I thought they would get cold and whiny and that they would hate walking up the hill. I was wrong. They had a blast and did amazing with the hill climbing. Sophia, who is normally a bit dramatic with the slightest injury, was able to laugh off multiple wipe outs. Grant even joined in a snowball fight with a bunch of high schoolers.
Wednesday, January 19, 2011
Sledding . . .
Gary Lezak is my favorite Kansas City Weather Forecaster. We were watching Gary in 2003 during the tornado that hit the building we lived in at Jewell. Gary said to take cover, and we did. Right before the tornado hit. Gary was right that time. This a couple of months ago, Gary said there would not be much snow in Kansas City this year. Gary was wrong this time. The kids have had so many snow days that they don't even seem fun anymore.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment