Big news: Grant and Sophia are now the proud owners of a Radio Flyer wagon and they couldn't be happier. Grant is getting a little big for the double stroller and since we do a lot of walking around campus as a family, we decided to invest in a wagon for those times when his little legs might not keep up with our grown up legs. We have already taken the wagon on a few walks and it works great. Sophia has played in the wagon for hours, literally. It has two seats in it, so she likes to put her baby in it with her and will play and play. Travis took the kids up to the farm yesterday and hooked the wagon up to the small tractor. The kids rode all over the farm in the wagon and had a blast. (What a great Daddy he is!)Today is officially Travis's last day at work for the school year. Although he will work as much as he can at the Tucker Leadership Lab, I am thrilled at the prospect of having more help with the kiddos during the summer. I am really spoiled. We are all looking forward to some fun family outings and a lot of trips to the swimming pool.
We have learned over the last several months that Grant is much happier when he has a solid routine for his life. He is just not a fly by the seat of your pants kind of kid. (His mommy does much better with a routine, too!) I have tried to be very intentional about creating a routine since Grant's school let out. Gran and I have written a schedule for each day and have done our best to stick with it. Along with plenty of free play time we include some structured times for art, reading, cooking, and rest. Sophia enjoys being a big kid with Grant for these structured activities.
The other day during our Art Time, Grant was making a picture to give Daddy when he got home from work. Grant handed me a crayon and asked me to write a note. I asked him what he wanted to note to say. To which he replied, "Write a note." Again I asked what the note should say. Losing patience with me, Grant again said that he wanted "a note". Beginning to lose patience myself, I asked for a third time what he wanted the note to say. A frustrated Grant sighed, stood up, took a deep breath, and loudly sang, "Laaaaaaaaa". I drew a music note and Grant was happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment