Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Who Needs Collagen??

It's been a big week for the Ferguson family. Grant had his last day of school for the year last Thursday. The preschool had a fun field day complete with water games, a hike, relay games, face painting, bubbles, and a sing-along. Grandma and Grandpa Ferguson came to spend the morning with Sophia so that I could go to field day with Grant. It's always fun to see him in his school environment. It's amazing how much he has grown in one school year--a full five inches in height and leaps and bounds in his development.

Grant will actually be going to school for summer school three days a week for the month of June. He has missed going to school this week, so he'll be glad to get back in the classroom. He will have his same teacher for the summer as he had during the school year. His teacher, Ms. Bev, is working on some professional development hours so she is also going to come to our house twice a week during June to work/play with Grant. He's going to love that time with her and I look forward to gaining some new ideas of things to do with Grant and Sophia.

We took a little trip down to Springfield to spend some time with family. It seems that any trip, little or not, tends to be quite an ordeal when you have children in tow. I have to say, however, with the exception of a few meltdowns, mostly by the kids, that it was a fun weekend for everyone. While we are glad we are able to travel with our kids, I do have to admit that Travis and I look forward to the day when vacations are more relaxing than they tend to be with little ones.

So . . . We have all seen people who have had just a little too much collagen injected into their lips. It's kind of scary, but unfortunately that is the look that I am sporting right now. Wednesday night I was laying on the floor playing with Sophia. She is a full time walker now, but her balance fails her fairly often. Unfortunately for me, I am the victim of one of those failures in balance. My girl was walking towards me eager to show me her Leap Frog barn that her Uncle Steve gave her for Christmas when she fell and pounded that barn into my face. It cut my upper lip inside and out. Fortunately Sophia escaped the ordeal unharmed. I, on the other hand, am sporting a swollen cut up lip. It's not pretty, but then again, some people pay a lot of money to look like this. Who needs collagen injections when you have a 15 month old?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree, where are the photos?