I have to say that these claims of independence are bitter sweet. Of course it is great to see the kids grow and develop . . . particularly when it means a I have a few extra minutes to take care of other tasks and more importantly, an end to buying Pull-Ups! But on the other hand, I do love my babies. I must admit that I like having my kids believe that Travis and I can fix everything, and I know that those days will come to an end. I am thrilled that some of Grants sleep issues are beginning to resolve themselves, but a small part of me hopes they don't completely resolve too quickly . . . I am savoring our evening and morning snuggles as I'm sure those days are winding down.
Speaking of Grant and sleeping . . . the other night I was putting Grant to bed and we snuggled in to say his prayers. He has several favorite children's prayers that he chooses from each night. Lately his prayer of choice has been one that says, "Thank you God as this day ends, for my family and my friends. Taking time to stop and pray, I thank you God for this great day." This was the prayer he chose on this particular night. Apparently he was extra sleepy this night because he shortened the prayer to: "Thank you God as this day ends, I want to go to sleep, Amen." Perhaps that even at his young age Grant knows that God understands our creature needs for sleep and doesn't mind being short changed on a prayer once in a while.
No comments:
Post a Comment