I can't believe my baby is four years old! Yesterday was Grant's fourth birthday. Grant started his special day with a special breakfast of strawberries, blueberries, and whip cream. He then got to watch cartoons and play computer before opening birthday presents. Opening presents was a little overwhelming for our guy . . . I think he'd prefer that next year we just give them to him unwrapped. Grant then got to spend a good part of the afternoon and evening swimming Grandma and Grandpa Owens's back yard. Grant requested a purple cake with sprinkles for his birthday. He loved blowing out his candle and did so about 40 times . . . it was his birthday, so who was to tell him "no"? Grant did get his purple present (see previous blog). A couple of days before his birthday, Grant got a package in the mail from Uncle Brandon, Aunt Misty, Kyla, and Casey. When Grant opened the box he found a purple card, a lot of purple tissue paper, and a purple Aqua-doodle bear that Grant can decorate. Immediately upon seeing the purple, Grant exclaimed, "It's my purple present!" Way to go, Brandon, Misty, Kyla, and Casey . . . you made his day!
In honor of Grant's birthday, here are ten things we love about Grant:
1. Grant is very affectionate and loves to snuggle.
2. Grant is never ceases to amaze us with how smart he is . . . especially in reading and math skills.
3. Grant has a great sense of humor and is starting to recognize his own ability to be funny.
4. Grant is a great big brother to Sophia.
5. Grant is getting cute little freckles on his nose . . . you have to admit he is darn cute.
6. Grant is very polite and loves to greet friends and strangers alike.
7. Grant is a trailblazer. He likes to think for himself and find his own way of doing things.
8. Grant is a great singer . . . he loves to belt out a good song.
9. Grant gives 100% . . . whatever he is interested in, he gives it all he's got.
10. Grant is full of surprises . . . he constantly surprises us with what he knows, what he likes, what he remembers, and what he can do.
1 comment:
I can't believe I missed Grant's Birthday! It's even on my calendar. :( Well tell him I say "happy late birthday!" It sounds like he had a great day! I hope all is well. I'll talk to you soon!
Love,
Meg
Post a Comment