Monday, September 04, 2006

I feel . . . . I feel . . . tired.

Sophia officially speaks in sentences. All along she has been an early talker, learning new words and phrases daily. She's had a few memorized sentences for a while, things like "I love you". This weekend we got our first unrehearsed, unmemorized sentence. Sophia was a little late for her nap. In true Sophia drama, she squinted her eyes, tilted her head to the side and said slowly and dramatically, "I feel . . . I feel . . . ti-dird." (that would be 'tired', but she's got a cute little dutchy accent.) Of course her dramatic flare earned her a big laugh, so this is now a sentence she loves to perform--except of course when I am actually trying to get her to say it for someone (right, Becca?).

We went to Jewell's first football game of the season on Saturday (a winner even!). Grant and Sophia did great. We sat near the Jazz band and with a good view of the Spirit Team. The kids loved the music and watching the cheerleaders and dancers do their thing. Grant even did a little dancing in the bleachers. I have to admit that I am a little concerned about Sophia's fascination with the cheerleaders and dancers. Every time they would finish a cheer, she would panic a little and yell, "More! More!" We managed to stay at the game through the half-time show (not bad considering we had two little kids in a large crowd). Admittedly, we did make three trips to the concession stand though. Hey, what four year old doesn't absolutely need popcorn while he watches the game . . . and nachos . . . and an Icee?

No comments: