Saturday, September 09, 2006

I feel yummy!

The season of snot and coughs is upon us. I talked with Bev, Grant's teacher, the other day and in the course of conversation she mentioned that one of the little girls in Grant's class had a really runny nose at school. Sure enough, a day later Grant's nose turned into a faucet. The day after that, Sophia's nose started to run. Needless to say, I'm spending a good amount of my day wiping noses. Sophia seems to feel okay as long as we keep her on medicine. Poor Grant, had an adverse reaction to cold medicines, so he's left to battle the runny nose on his own.

Grant went to school the day his cold started--I'm not one to send my kid to school sick, but if he stayed home every day that his nose was a little runny, he'd miss half school of the winter. That day on Grant's daily report sheet from his teacher, Bev wrote that Grant's nose was a little runny and that he seemed a bit out of sorts. As we ate lunch, I asked Grant if he felt "yucky" at school. He thought for a minute and said, "No, I felt yummy."

(One of the girls who works with me took the sweet picture of Sophia and Travis at the WJC football game.)

No comments: