Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Whatever will I worry about now??

I have to admit that this summer has been filled with worry. Worrying about whether or not to move to Milwaukee. Worrying about whether or not we could/should buy a house. Worrying about school for Grant. Worrying about school for Sophia. Worrying about school for Sheryl. Worrying about school for Travis. Worrying about a job for Sheryl. Worrying about a job for Travis. Worrying about finances. Worrying about worrying too much. Clearly the ability to just believe that everything will work out right is not one of my strong suites.

All of this worrying taught me a lot about myself. I have a hard time just relaxing and trusting that God has taken care of us and directed us in the past and will continue to do so. Throughout the last several months I have always had something on my mind that I have thought, "As soon as (fill in the blank) is resolved, I'll feel so much better." As things were resolved, I have found myself still stressed thinking again, "Well, as soon as we find out about (fill in the blank) I'll really be able to relax." (Not a virtue, I realize.)

The last big "as soon as" was Travis's job. We feel great about our decision to stay in Liberty. With the help of people who care about us, we have a house that is just right for us. Our just right house is just three blocks from a school that is just right for Grant. Travis and I are both enrolled in classes to work on a Masters in Special Education--a career path that we are both excited and passionate about. Sophia is enrolled in a little school that she seems to enjoy. I have a part time job that is flexible and lets me be available to the kids. And now, hallalujah Travis has a job! He is teaching at a school for boys with special needs. While his students don't start until next week, Travis thinks his job will be interesting and will give him good experience.

After about a year long process of trying to figure out what our family should do with our lives post-Jewell, I think we are finally settled. Whatever will I find to worry about now?

1 comment:

B J C said...

I share your tendency for worry, and am so excited to hear about Travis' job. Congratulations to you all. :)