It is hard to be a princess. Just ask Sophia. It's true. She has made a full time job lately making sure that those around her are living up to the expectations of those in the presence of a princess. So Sophia is in what we might call a difficult stage. She is a bit demanding and her sassy personality has moved beyond cute to being a bit obnoxious. Travis and I are reminding ourselves daily (sometimes hourly, or even by the minute) that this is a normal phase for two year olds, hence the name terrible twos, and that it is just that: a phase. I am eager to have my sweet baby girl back.As for Grant, he is doing great in kindergarten. I am amazed how well he has taken to being in school full days five days a week. He seems to really enjoy going to school and is making new friends. Grant comes home each day and talks about the friends he played with during the school day. Yesterday we went to the pool after school and one of the little girls in Grant's class was there. Alyssa and Grant were very happy to see one another. You could tell each was a little surprised that the other exists outside of school. Grant and Alyssa played great for the rest of our time at the pool.
Grant is one of the smartest 5 year olds I know. I have never worried about him doing well academically. The social scene is where Grant has been more challenged. Up until recently, Grant just didn't really care much about other kids. He could take them or leave them. I am thrilled to see his social side developing. Not only has he developed the desire for friends, he is developing the skills to build friendships. What a kid. I'm so proud of him.
No comments:
Post a Comment