We began the night with trick or treating at the Liberty Square with some friends. The kids were still in a good mood, so we went down to our church's trunk or treat. We ended the night with passing out candy to the kids who came by our house. Believe it or not, passing out the candy on our front porch was our kids' favorite part of the evening--and I will say they are very generous candy passer-outers.
So normally Halloween is not a sentimental holiday, but I have to admit that I did get a bit sentimental this year. Being with friends at the square and then more friends at church reminded me how glad I am that we are still in Liberty. Becca was one of my very first friends at William Jewell. I am glad that we are still in Liberty where my family can trick or treat with Becca's family. (Having grown up in a military family, long term friendships are new and amazing to me.) Likewise, I enjoyed being with our church friends and watching them share in our kids' excitement over the Halloween festivities. I love the history that we have here and am thankful that it will continue to grow.
Grant and Sophia in their costumes . . . Grant was dressed up as Rollie Pollie Ollie and Sophia was a princess. We found Grant's costume at a garage sale. When Sophia saw it she decided that she really needed to be Zoe for Halloween (Zoe is Ollie's little sister in the cartoon). I was so touched that Sophia wanted to be Grant/Ollie's little sister for Halloween that I got on ebay and ordered her a Zoe costume. We really tried to make it work, but the costume was just a bit too big and too heavy for Sophia to move. The weekend before Halloween a friend gave Sophia a princess dress, so she decided/was convinced that it would be a lot of fun to be princess for Halloween.
Sophia at her school Halloween party. I went to her party and helped pass out candy. She had a lot of fun and got a lot of candy.
This is the crew that we trick or treated with on the square: Emme, Grant, Sophia, Rory, and Braden. I can't imagine a cuter group of kids.
The Fergusons on Halloween.
Trick or Treat.
Braden as Mickey Mouse.
After walking all the way around the square, the kids were pretty sure they needed a rest and a snack.
Rory as a pink M&M.
Trick or Treating at church.
Grant and Sophia with their friend Isaac.
What you can't see in this picture is a bunch of smoke. Someone set up a dry ice/smoke machine at the church Trunk or Treat and it was quite the hit.










1 comment:
That is a pretty cute bunch of kids!!
Post a Comment