Sunday, January 27, 2008

Proof of life . . .

Yikes. It's been a while. Life has been a little crazy in the Ferguson house over the past few weeks. I'll admit that when life gets crazy, I get a little intimidated by the thought of posting on the blog. I like to keep things happy sunshine here at the Ferguson Family Blog.

Despite the craziness, we are all doing just fine. I have settled into my new job and am really enjoying it. The first couple of weeks were a bit overwhelming, but things have settled down a bit. My co-workers are great--people who I could see myself being friends with. It's great to be back to doing work that I believe in.

I am enjoying having a very similar job to Travis. Though we are at different schools, we are both teaching Special Education. We are enjoying sharing with one another stories of our day and our interactions with our students. I also definitely appreciate the support he offers and the fact that he truly understands my work.

What's new with the kids? Here are a few things off the top of my head . . .

Grant has found a great appreciation for pajama pants. He loves them and would wear them everyday to school if we would let him (we don't). He does get to wear pajama pants all day every Saturday though.

Sophia has decided she hates to wear shoes and socks. She says that she "misses her feet" when she has shoes or socks on. She has also developed an affection for "girl time" (time with mom) and will often tell Travis that he needs to go away because "girls need girl time". If mom is unavailable, Sophia invites Daddy for some "girl time". Fortunately for Sophia, though her Daddy is a tough manly-man, he is secure enough to play the role of a best girlfriend too. Sophia and I both appreciate that about him.

No comments: