We we may not have gotten the ten inches of snow that Gary, the weatherman, forcasted, but we did get enough to have a snow day. And boy did we need it. Sophia has been sick since Friday with what turned out to be pneumonia and an ear infection. All weekend and through Monday she ran fevers that were scary high. After two injections of mega-antibiotics, she is doing quite a bit better. Having one kid sick for five days tends to throw our whole family for a loop--mom, dad, and sick kid are exhausted and non-sick kid is starving for routine and attention. So, a snow day did us worlds of good today. While I'll admit that there have been times in my mothering experience when the thought of being stuck inside for a whole day with the kids about put me on the edge of terror, after the crazy schedule we have kept lately and an illness on top of that, a day stuck at home seemed like a dream.
I decided to make the most of it and did all sorts of things that I would normally never do/allow. We stayed in our jammies most of the day. This morning I turned on cartoons for the kids and went back to sleep on the couch. At nine o'clock when the kids asked for an ice cream cone, I said yes--afterall it was all-natural and that means healthy, right? When Sophia chose to eat her spagetti not with her fork but by putting her face into her plate, I did not scold her. Don't worry, I explained to the kids that I was allowing them to have ice cream in the morning, to be couch potatos, and to eat like pigs with no manners only because it was a snow day.
Why did I say yes to everything today? Two reasons. One, I'm a pretty cool mom. Two, sometimes saying yes is a lot easier than saying no.
1 comment:
Hey there snow bunnies! I'm so glad to hear that Sophie is feeling better..snow day couldn't have come at a better time! Love ya.
Post a Comment