During our trip to Springfield for Heather's wedding last weekend, the four of us took off for a bit to hit a park.

We're girls. Sophia is very much into "matching" people these days. She is thrilled when she has the same colored shirt on as someone else or when she and a friend dress up in princess costumes together. She likes gender "matching" too. Very often when Sophia and I are together she will say, "We're girls, right?" in a way that exudes pride in the sisterhood of femininity. One morning Sophia went to some garage sales with my mom and grandma--this is one of Sophia's favorite things to do, I think in part, because it is an event in our family that just the girls do. As we were driving through Chillicothe, Sophia was very pleased when she noticed that it was all girls in the car. She announced to me, "We're girls. You and me and Grandma and Smith." She reminds me of it often . . . "Remember when it was just girls . . . you and me and Grandma and that girl who lives in the blue house (meaning my Grandma Smith)"!

I love seeing my boys happy together. I picked a good Daddy for my kids.
No comments:
Post a Comment