Sunday, June 08, 2008

My girl . . .

Sophia is at a very fun, even if trying, age right now. She is full of personality and spunk. The girl definitely has a mind of her own as well. Sometimes it is hard to remember that she is only three . . . especially when I tell her to do something and she comes back with an arguement as to why she shouldn't or can't follow directions that nearly pushes me to resort to "Because I'm the mom and I said to!" She is smart, funny, loving, and sassy. Here are a few recent pictures that capture the spirit of Sophia.

She's a hat girl. I put her to bed one night and came back before I went to bed to give her one last kiss. This is what I found.

Sophia is enjoying summer vacation and the opportunity to have more attention from mom and dad. Sophia likes her people. When I first grabbed the camera to take this picture, Sophia suggested that she and daddy pretend like they were sleeping. We did take a sleeping pic, but it didn't turn out very well.

Anything for a laugh. Sophia was "helping" Daddy clean out the garage. She's quite the entertainer.

Sophia is thrilled to be the flower girl in not one, but two weddings this summer. Sophia is a girly girl and is so excited to have the opportunity to dress up in fancy dresses and be a part of the weddings. This is the dress for our friends' Sara and Trent's wedding. Sophia loves the way this dress swishes. Sara and Trent's wedding was yesterday and Sophia was fabulous. It was a beautiful wedding and we were so excited to be a part of Sara and Trent's day. Before the wedding Sara picked Sophia up and our elated Sophia told her, "Sara you look like a real, real princess!"

This is the dress that Sophia will wear in my cousin Heather's wedding next weekend. Sophia loves the fact that this dress goes all the way to the ground . . . that's how princesses wear dresses, you know. Crossing our fingers that Sophia will do as well in wedding number two as she did in wedding number one.

No comments: