Grant is what they call a "sensory seeking" kid. That means he loves to move, bounce, wiggle, jump, cuddle and just generally do what ever he can to get the sense of motion and sensory input in his body. One of his favorite things to do since he was a tiny little kid has been to jump on our bed. Seriously in the last five years we have spent more family time centered around jumping on the bed than most people do in a lifetime! As Grant has gotten bigger he has expanded his jumping habits to all of our furniture. We decided it was time to take action. So, despite Travis's initial hesitation we decided to buy a trampoline. (To be honest I've wanted one since I was a little kid, so it was an easy sell for me!) We found a used trampoline for a really great price and our kids love it! (To the saftey conscious out there, since these pictures were taken, we have install mats around the sides of the trampoline for some degree of protection.)
Grant is quite the jumper. Seriously, he can jump forever. Sometimes he asks me to jump with him, and I wear out long before he does!
Sophia's jumping skills are quickly emerging as well. It is fun to see her develop those gross motor skills.
Who knew falling could be fun?
We have found that one way to make the trampoline even more fun on a hot day is to turn the sprinkler on it. I can confidently that the grass surrounding the trampoline is well watered.
Even more fun than water and a trampoline is water, a trampoline, and a friend! We have found that the trampoline makes for good playdates.
1 comment:
I so love it that Rory is one of Grant's jumping buddies! We need another jump date soon. :)
Post a Comment