Saturday, March 07, 2009

Fun, yet overstimulating, restaurants . . .

We've had some big events to celebrate lately and we have celebrated them at big places. A few weeks ago we got to celebrate Grandpa Ferguson's 82nd birthday. And were does every 82 year old man want to celebrate his birthday??? That's right at T-Rex restaurant. It's true. If you haven't been to T-Rex, it is an over the top dinosaur themed restuarant. The kids had a great time, and I think Grandpa Ferguson did, too. Here are some pictures of out time at T-Rex . . . sadly, I think we failed to get any pictures of the birthday boy.

Pretending to be archaeologists.

Digging for bones.

More digging. The digging area was definitely not as cool as it looks. Maybe I should open my own themed restaurant.

The fishtanks, on the other hand, were VERY cool. We could have watched those fist for a long, long time.

I mentioned in my last post that the kids we had done some bargaining with Sophia to motivate her to give up her night time pull-ups. This particular bargain involved a trip to Chuck E. Cheese. Everyone has their currancy, and it turns out Sophia's is loud, crowded resturants with bad pizza. I'll admit (though Travis may not) it was a fun time. Here are some pictures:

One of Grant's favorite activities at Chuck E. Cheese was playing in front of a blue screen and camera that projects you onto the TV.

Virtual bowling . . . you roll the ball down a lane that is about 18 inches long but it looks like it goes down a full lane.

Another bowling video game. Perhaps our next family outing should be to a bowling alley.

No comments: