As a parent, four is a bitter sweet age. While I enjoy the growth in personality and independence, I mourn the passing of the baby days. Fortunately, Sophia has assured me that she will be my baby even when she is great big like me (thanks, kid). In honor of my sweet Sophia's fourth birthday and in keeping with tradition, here are ten things that I love about Sophia at age four:
1. Sophia loves to dace and especially loves to dance with her Daddy. Sophia has been counting down the days until the start of the new "Dancing with the Stars" season so that she can "put on a nightgown and dance with Daddy!!" I hope her Daddy is her favorite dance partner for a long time.
2. I love the way Sophia talks . . . from her cute accent to the amazing things she says that reveal her young wisdom and unique spin on life. She keeps us thinking and laughing with the wonderful things she says.
3. Sophia knows fashion and isn't afraid to show her style. The girl can layer clothes with the best of them. Don't forget the accessories, either, because you really can't wear too much jewelery.
4. I love the way Sophia loves her friends. She is now old enough to really care about her friends, to think about them when she is away from them, and to want to be like them. Now the prayers for quality friends begin . . .
5. I love the way Sophia loves her family. Family Days are her favorite days of the week. She has taken a particular interest in her Grandpa Owens lately, and it has been fun to watch her enjoy their inside jokes.
6. I love to hear Sophia sing. From Princess musicals to Hannah Montana, she can do them all. I love to hear her belt these songs from the backseat of the car or the bathtub.
7. I love that Sophia has an appreciation for diversity and a compassion for people who are different that few little kids have. The things that Sophia seems to understand, accept, and even nurture about not only her brother, but others as well, makes me so proud that she is my daughter. She is truly deserving of her name Sophia (wisdom) Grace.
8. Sophia really does have sunshine on a cloudy day . . . it's a rare day when Sophia isn't excited about life and excited to tell you everything about it! Sophia is never at a loss for words.
9. I love Sophia's creative mind. While pretend play has never been my strong suite, Sophia is about as creative as they come and isn't afraid to give the necessary encouragement to help others tap into their creative selves.
10. Sophia dreams of being a princess and isn't afraid to admit it. The girl isn't afraid to go after what she wants.
So glad you are my baby girl!! I love you Sophia Grace
No comments:
Post a Comment