I will have to post pictures from Sophia's birthday party as soon as we get the pictures on the new computer. We kind of went all out for Sophia's birthday party this year. As many of you know, Sophia is absolutely obsessed with princesses. It just so happens that one of the girls Travis teaches with has a little side business of doing Cinderella appearances for little girls' birthday parties. So, we hired Cinderella and invited a bunch of our friends' kids and had a ball. Pictures coming soon.
Grant took swimming lessons during the month of March. Group participation has always been an issue for Grant, so we were a little worried about how he would do in a swim lessons class. To be honest, I was a bit worried that we would take him the first night and that the instructor would ask us not to come back for the other six sessions. I am very proud to say that did not happen. Grant did an excellent job. Sure, he was the most "active" kid in his class. And sure, when it wasn't his turn to work one on one with the teacher, Grant tended to "practice" by seeing how big of a splash he could make by slamming his kickboard on the surface of the water. He had a great teacher who was very patient, and while Grant's not ready for the swim team, he definitely improved his swimming skills. He even jumped off the diving board several times and went down the little water slide into the deep end.
Sophia has been asking when she could take another class ever since her ballet class ended. The class she took was just a little intro class designed to see if girls like dance. If girls are interested after that class the next step is to go to a dance studio. Travis and I decided that while the dance class was fun, we wanted her to try an activity that would get her running and jumping a bit more. We, Travis, Sophia, and I, decided to give gymnastics a try.
Sophia showed her feminine grace at her first class. Parents watch the class from an observation deck above the gym. At one point Sophia suddenly stopped what she was doing and yelled something at me. I couldn't quite hear what she said, though it was an experience that reminded me that sometimes it's best not to ask kids to repeat themselves. After I gave Sophia a look that said "I didn't hear you" she smiled and promptly yelled louder: "Mom, I tooted on the trampoline!!" Way to go, Sophia!
No comments:
Post a Comment