"Wow, mom! That house is so lucky! They have huge icicles on their house." Sophia envied the icicles hanging from the roofs of our neighbors' houses as we drove home the other day. "If I had icicles like that I'd eat them." Fortunately for Sophia, this year there are plenty of icicles to go around. As we pulled into our drive and Sophia laid eyes on the many frozen drips hanging from our roof. She gasped and said, "Mom, we are the luckiest house of all. I've never seen that many icicles before!" Yes, Sophia we are blessed indeed. Sophia was overjoyed when we said that yes, she could in fact eat one of our many icicles for a "snack". I'll admit I did cringe inside when I thought about the toxins that had undoubtedly leeched from our roof into that icicle! I took a deep breath, reminded myself of the magic of memory making, and sent Travis out to retrieve some ice for each kid. "Mmmmmmmm . . . Mom, this is so good! You should try it!"
No comments:
Post a Comment