This week a petting farm visited Grant's preschool. They brought about 20 animals and set them up in pens on the school's blacktop so that the kids could visit and pet each animal. Sophia and I went to share in the experience with Grant's class, and it was a blast. As soon as we got outside where the kids could see the animals, they both went crazy. Sophia started pointing and yelling, "animal, animal, animal!" The man who owned the animals gave each kid a couple of ice cream cones filled with food. Grant was a little timid of letting the animals eat from his hand so he held up the cone and hoped the animals would be polite and take just a taste. You can see in the pictures above that his method worked with the ostrich but not with the pony. Lesson learned: ponies are not polite animals. The last picture looks like an awful work of photography. It is not really . . . it's an action shot. Grant loved the donkey--he even gave it a kiss. Grant was posing for a picture when his friend the donkey betrayed him by giving him a hard bump to the back of the head. Lesson learned: never turn your back on a donkey . . . and donkeys are not polite animals either.
1 comment:
Sheryl, I am catching up on my blog reading for your family and thought this posting was hilarious! I think you could write a book a la Dave Berry style. We sure enjoyed your family down in Springfield and look forward to keeping up with your family by reading your blogs while we are in California. I am going to be a little less ambitious and just keep up an online photo album, which I will let you know about when I get it set up. We love you guys! -Brandon
Post a Comment