Friday, August 18, 2006

First Day of School

Yesterday was Grant's first day of preschool for the new year! He was very excited to go to school despite his unique haircut. We went to his open house on Tuesday, and he got to see his teachers and classroom. His speech teacher, Lara, is one of his favorites. When he saw her from down the hall, he took off in a full sprint to give her a hug and told her, "I'm ready to play with you!" Yesterday morning, Grant proudly put on his backpack and headed to school. When I got him off the bus afterschool, I asked him how his day was. He threw his arms around my neck and said rather dramatically, "Oh, it was excellent!" Sophia was a little sad that she didn't get to go to school. She did get to play with Grandma Owens all morning, so she got over it pretty quick!

1 comment:

Brandon, Misty, Kyla and Casey said...

I think you need to fire Travis as family barber, hehe. I'm so proud of Grant for doing such a great job his first day back to school, what a big boy! Don't worry Sophia, it will be your turn soon enough! Thanks SOOOOOO much for the updates.