Sunday, August 20, 2006
No hands, Mommy!
Most of you know that I grew up playing soccer, played through college, and am still a huge fan of the game. I have always secretly (or maybe not so secretly) hoped that my kids would someday find the game as great as I do--I would really rather spend the next 18-20 years watching them play game after game of soccer than most other sports. Well, friends, my dream may be coming true. Travis and I are each coaching a team of little kids this fall. Tonight when we went to pick up our equipment, Grant said that he wanted to go to the park to play soccer. So, we picked up some KFC and took it to the park for dinner and a little play time. Grant had a blast kicking the balls into the little mini-goal. He would shoot the ball and cheer, "Yeah! I got a goal!" When we first started playing, I had to explain to Grant several times that we use our feet rather than our hands to put the soccer ball in the goal. He got the hang of it pretty quick. When I thought we were about done playing, I pick up one of the balls and threw it up in the air a couple of times. Grant scolded me, "No hands, Mommy!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment