Friday, August 25, 2006

They're Back!!

Our William Jewell girls are officially back and we couldn't be happier! Today was Opening Day at WJC, one of my favorite days of the year. It is utterly exhausting, but I love the excitment of the first year students and their families and the pride and sense of community that everyone of campus demonstrates on Opening Day. It is on this day of each year that I am most excited about the work I get to do with Jewell students.

I had the opportunity this summer to consider a couple possible job changes. Travis and I spent a lot of time weighing all of the things that are important to our family, considering where we want to be right now, as well as where we want to be a few years from now. Ultimatly, we decided not to pursue a job change for me, and today I know that we made the right decision. I am very happy where we are right now and am thankful that I get to do work that I find meaningful while getting to spend a lot of time each day with my children.

No comments: