
New games are fun. The great thing about kids is that their style of play changes quickly. It keeps things interesting. Grant's most recent new game (and therefore Sophia's new game) is pretending to be a super hero. I'm not one to advocate the whole Superman/Spiderman/Batman thing. Honestly, I just don't like all of the fighting that goes with it, even if it is good guys doing the fighting. (Yes, I've been told that I am raising Grant to be a wimp . . . so be it. At least he will be kind.) Last week, we were reading a book about a little boy named David who wore a cape, jumped on the bed, and called himself a super hero. That I could handle, so when Grant asked for a cape I happily tied a blanket around his neck. Of course, if Grant had a cape, Sophia needed one too. Over the past several days, both kids have played (and jumped on the bed) for hours with their capes around their necks. Daddy asked Grant what his super hero name was. Grant announced that he is "Grant-Nick Boy"! I asked Grant what super heros do. He explained that they jump and they help people. (See, who needs fighting?)
Grant has another new passion--gymnastics!! Friday is now Grant's favorite day of the week because he gets to go to his gymnastics class. (Trust me, he will turn out fine, even though I don't encourage fighting and I enroll him in gymnastics instead of football.) Over the last few months Grant has gotten more energetic and physical. He is constantly jumping on the furniture and doing flips on the couch and beds. Grant's attention span/social maturity is not quite to the place where he would enjoy team sports, so we decided to start with something a little more individualized. We found a small gym just outside of Liberty owned by a very friendly Christian couple. So far it has been a great fit. For 45 minutes each Friday Grant runs, jumps, flips, and bounces non-stop. They have a little beam, miniature bars, a preschool version of the vault, and a lot of climbing equipment. Grant's favorite part of class by far is when they get to jump on the giant trampoline. I hope to have some gymnastics pictures to post soon.
Sophia continues to amaze us with her vocabulary and ability to articulate herself. I do fear that living with all of the college women has rubbed off on her a bit--the other day she found me and asked, "Can I have twenty dollars?" I'm not kidding. She was playing with her purse (a favorite game of hers) and was looking for things to put in it. Who wouldn't want an extra twenty in their purse? This past Sunday we were getting ready for church and we had hit that last five minutes where we run around grabbing everything we needed to rush out the door. Sophia grabbed her purse and put a can of tuna and one baby wipe in it and said she was ready. She was sure she knew exactly what she needed for a morning at church.
1 comment:
Oh my gosh....your kids have me rolling on the floor laughing everytime I read something new and adorable they are doing!
Post a Comment