
We're singers . . . not so much good singers, but fun singers. (By "we", I mean myself, Grant, and Sophia. Travis tends to be more of a "good" singer than a "fun" singer.) For as long as I can remember I have amused myself by changing the words of songs to make them about someone or something different than they were originally intended. I particularly enjoy inserting the names of my kids or Travis into whatever song happens to be stuck in my head. It's fun. (This is what I mean by Travis is a good singer rather than a fun singer. He doesn't enjoy this game as much as I do.) My creative children have inherited my enjoyment of free lancing songs--sometimes intentionally, sometimes not. Lately we have had several new versions of songs created unintentionally in our house. Here are a few(I might add that to get the full effect you need to imagine all of these songs sung with great passion):
Grant singing "My God is so great, so strong, and so mighty": "My God is so great, so strong, and so piney."
Grant singing the song from Old Yeller that says "Best dog gone dog in the west": "Best dog dog dog in the west."
Sophia singing "Jesus Loves Me": "Jesus loves me TOO!"
Sophia singing the theme song/sound to Batman: "Na Na Na Na Na Na Fat Man!"
On a less cute note, Sophia has discovered her possessive side. I think I have heard the phrase "That's Mine!!" about 30 times today. Sophia can be quite the passionate child, so when she makes the declaration "That's mine!", she does so with all her might. And just to be clear, anything thing that Sophia happens to want but is being denied can bring forth the "That's mine!" Ok, I'll admit it, she is so passionate in her declarations of ownership that it's almost cute . . . I do refrain from laughing though, for fear of creating a monster.
Today Grant walked over to me, gave me a big hug, and said, "I see my mother, and I am thankful." Melted my heart.
2 comments:
I love it! Since a verse (with passion, of course) for us!! :)
Okay, so I meant SING a verse....it's been a long day. :)
Post a Comment