Monday, December 04, 2006

More snow day fun . . .

Here are more pictures of our snow days last week. We took advantage of the unexpected day off to send Travis out to get us a Christmas tree. I love putting up our Christmas decorations, especially when it is snowing outside. It's even more fun now that our kids are getting old enough to enjoy helping. I love this picture of Grant. He is quite the pro at decorating trees. He helped decorate his grandparents' trees and did a great job on ours too. After emptying our box of ornaments, Sophia decided that she would rather snuggle up with a pillow and blanket rather than put the ornaments on the tree. When we leave Jewell, I will miss having this beautiful window to put our tree in front of. On our second snow day, the kids enjoyed a special treat of getting to eat lunch in front of the TV. Sophia normally eats in her high chair, so she was excited for the opportunity to eat a the big kid table. Thursday night Grant and I went the annual Lighting of the Quad at Jewell. The event begins with a band concert in the chapel, then everyone heads out to the Quad for a couple carols and the big moment of turning all of the campus Christmas lights on. The evening is topped of with refreshments and Santa in the Union. Grant loved hearing band play. He has a real interest in music instruments and can name most of them--better than I can!! Unfortunately, Grant was not much interested in the person who was giving the little devotional and decided to count instruments instead . . . out loud. So, I decided that Grant and I should sneak out for a while. We had sat at the front of the chapel so Grant could have the best view of the band. As we walked out, Grant greeted each person we passed: "Thank you for coming", "Good to see you", "See you next week", and "Merry Christmas". Leave it to my kid to add a little humor to the night. Grant loved seeing Santa. My boss plays Santa for all of the campus Christmas events, so he talked to Grant by name. Grant was very impressed. Earlier in the night Grant had told me that we were having a "Grant and Mommy Night". On the way home, I asked Grant if it had been a fun "Grant and Mommy Night." He said, "It was a fun Grant and Santa Night". There is nothing so precious as seeing my babies sleeping.

1 comment:

Samantha said...

Precious Christmas memories! Great picture of Grant decorating the tree! Your photos and the stories that went along gave me that warm Christmas feeling. Makes me want to hug my family.