One green adventure we have enjoyed this summer is our garden. I have learned a lot and feel quite proud of our success. And we've done it all-natural to boot.
In addition to our veggie garden, we have some pretty flowers. Truth be told, I haven't done a thing to make the flowers grow other than pulling weeds.
We've had a lot of lettuce, though I was a bit disappointed that my tomatoes and cucumbers weren't ready at the same time my lettuce was. Again, I've learned a lot this year.
Our peppers have not been as plentiful as our other veggies, but we've got a few. We probably won't do peppers again next year though.
Sophia was particularly pleased with the peas. She got pretty good at opening them herself, sometimes helping herself to a snack right there at the garden.
I have one other green success to boast about. I learned to make all natural, home-made marshmallows (green because no packaging/shipping/artificials involved). While it was one of the messier cooking adventures, they were pretty good when they were finished. Grant told me they were better than store bought marshmallows! What better compliment could I ask for!




No comments:
Post a Comment