Monday, July 28, 2008

Things I love about 6 year old Grant . . .

Today is my Grant's birthday, that means it's time for another birthday "things I love about my kid" list. Here it goes:

1. I love Grant's ability to solve problems. When Grant wants to do something, he's going to find a way to do it. Whether on the computer or in the backyard, he's got a creative mind when it comes to solving problems.

2. I love Grant's sweet spirit. While he has recently found the fun in teasing his younger sister, Grant is one the most kind kids I know. He is deeply touched whenever he sees that someone is hurt or sad. Grant is also known at his school for knowing every one's name and greeting everyone he sees.

3. I love Grant's techie mind. Kid knows computers. I know it's a little cliche for parents to say that their kids knows more about the computer then they do (though the kid is usually a little older than Grant is), but seriously, Grant has a natural ability to manipulate the computer.

4. I love Grant's determination. Grant doesn't give up. Grant perceives the world differently than most of us, which can make things difficult and frustrating for him. Imagine the perseverance and patience that it must take to live in a world full of people who don't understand how you see things . . . to do this without giving up and with the sweet spirit that he has is nothing short of amazing.

5. I love Grant's love for his family. There is no place that Grant would rather be than at home with his people. Grant is so patient, loving, and forgiving with me as his mom. He teaches me so much about unconditional love by the way that he loves me.

6. I love Grant's energy. My boy can move . . . and move, and move, and move, and move. He loves to be active and encourages the rest of us to stay active as well.

7. I love Grant's passion. When Grant decides he likes something, whether it is computers, stuffed animals, his trampoline, swimming, elevators, whatever, he loves it 100% and is completely unashamed about it. He learns everything he can about the things he loves and draws others in to share in that passion.

8. I love Grant's relationship with his sister. This summer in particular has been good for their relationship as they have spent a lot of time playing with one another. Grant loves to tease Sophia, but is also quick to make sure she is OK if she sounds hurt.

9. I love Grant's hugs. He is still the cuddliest, most affectionate kid I know. As he is getting older I am trying to savor those hugs and snuggles just in case he decides he's too big for that one day.

10. I love this kid's smile. I know it always comes back to this one, but seriously looking at his face when he is smiling and his eyes are beaming brings tears to my eyes. There is nothing more beautiful than my kid's smile.

1 comment:

Brandon, Misty, Kyla and Casey said...

Happy Birthday Grant!!! We wish we could have been there for your birthday. We love you!