I realize that this post is starting to sound a bit self-righteous, so I'll get to my point . . . why does nearly every store have to have ridiculously violent Halloween decorations/costumes placed right at the front of the store?!? It frustrates me to no end to work hard to shelter my kids from violence, death, and gore just to have it hit them in the face as they walk into the store to buy a gallon of milk.
I have no problem with Halloween (we even already have our costumes picked out), and I know that while violence, blood, and death, aren't my bag that other adults do enjoy the scarier parts of the Halloween festivities. I am frustrated that the more violent and death related Halloween decorations and costumes are not kept in a corner of the store that parents with children in tow can avoid. Sophia and I went to Sears Grand the other day and as we walked in the store we were greeted by grousome skeletons and an "Chucky" mask that had a knife protruding from the forehead and blood pouring down his face. Is this really something that a two year old needs to see? There are plenty of cute, friendly, G-rated decorations. Why not put those at the front of the store and reserve the grusome ones for the back for people who are seeking them out?
So, that's my rant for today. Ideally I would be sending a well written letter to the manager of Sears. I might.
1 comment:
I agree whole heartedly with you about the halloween decorations!! I hope you do write that letter.
Post a Comment