Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Grant's First Field Trip . . .

Yet another first has come and gone. Last Friday Grant went on his first elementary school field trip. Grant's class visited the dairy farm, and I jumped at the opportunity to go along. I am very appreciative that at this age it is cool to have your parents around--I know this won't always be true. (Although Grant is fortunate to have very cool parents, so it might always be true for him. Right?)

This is Grant and his friend, Alyssa. She is an absolute doll, sweet as can be. I can see why Grant has chosen her as a friend.

This is most of Grant's class. It is hard to get 17 five year olds in the same picture!

Grant and his friend Katie decided to put some hay in a bucket for Ginger the cow. Much to their delight, Ginger ate the lunch they had prepared.

Grant and Alyssa grooming a four day old calf.

Grant attempting to bottle feed a calf.

Grant takes a turn milking Ginger--by far his favorite part of the day.

No comments: