Monday, April 24, 2006

Divide and conquer

Between Thursday night and Sunday at noon I think I saw Travis for a total of 15 minutes. This was a Ferguson-who-says-you-can't-do-it-all weekend. It was a good weekend for everyone, but it was jammed packed.

After Grant got out of school on Friday, the kids and I headed to Chillicothe to help my mom and my grandma with our yearly garage sale. This was a big one for me as I had decided to sell all of my "baby things" that my kids no longer use. I kept a few things with sentimental value, but otherwise, we cleaned house. (We are still holding out the possibility that there may be another little Ferguson one day, but definitly not anytime soon.) It was a little sad seeing the baby things go, but as the cash added up, sadness was quickly replaced by greed. (Hey, I'm honest and I don't get paid in the summer.) During the sale Friday night and Saturday morning, the kids had a great time playing outside and spending time with their Grandma Owens and Great-Grandma Smith (who Grant decided should just be called "Smith"). Sophia was a great little show off for her Great-Grandma as she learned to say "Smith" and performed all sorts of "tricks".

Saturday at 10 am the kids and I headed back to Liberty for the Annual Ely vs Melrose Powder Puff Football Game and Bar-B-Que. It was a great time and the kids got more fun outside time with their college friends. I always feel like it's a good day when the kids come in from playing outside dirty and sweaty. When Travis finished working at the Tucker Leadership Lab, he picked the kids up for a quick bath and lunch before heading off to the next adventure of the weekend.

One of Grant's favorite places in the world these days is his Grandma and Grandpa Ferguson's farm in Savannah, Missouri. The picture above was taken during a March visit to the farm. Grant loves to play in the dirt, climb on the machines, and go for tractor rides with his Grandpa. So, on Saturday afternoon Travis took the kids up to Savannah for a trip to the farm and to spend the night at Grandma and Grandpa Ferguson's house. This was a particularly special trip to the farm for Grant since his Uncle Steve built a fire for a hot dog roast. Travis said that while as a dad he was a bit nervous with the three year old by the fire pit, Grant had a lot of fun and Steve did a good job helping Grant understand fire pit safety.

I, on the otherhand, got to enjoy a fun afternoon and evening of "Sheryl Time". I went shopping and I picked up Thai food for dinner--I love Thai food, but Travis doesn't, so this was a treat for me. My friend, Kristin, came later in the evening and we spent a couple of fun hours just chatting and catching up.

Sunday was another big day with both soccer and softball games, so needless to say by the end of the weekend we were spent.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Helen alerted me to your blog and am really enjoying the photos and text. I read a lot of international travel blogs since we enjoy traveling.