Monday, April 17, 2006

He is risen, indeed!

I feel like our kids are at a great age to instill in them both a sense of the importance of faith and of family tradition. We had a great Easter weekend complete with an Easter egg hunt, Easter baskets, church in fancy clothes, and a big family dinner.

This was the first Easter that we got into the whole Easter basket/egg thing. I must say that it was fun . . . for me. Honestly, the kids were pretty much unimpressed. They humored me by looking for the plastic eggs in the grass for a little while, but as you can tell from the bottom picture, the real fun of the hunt was lost on them . Oh well, sometimes I think traditions have to grow on you.

We went to the Easter service in Chillicothe with Grandma and Grandpa Owens this year. As parents, Travis and I pray that God will bless our effort to instill a sense of faith in our children and will reveal divine love to our children in ways that are very easy to for them to comprehend. I have to admit that I do not find sharing the story of Easter with my children nearly as easy as sharing the story of Christmas . . . the joy of a birth is much easier to explain to a three year old than that of death and resurrection!

I trust that just as in time Grant and Sophia will come to greet their Easter baskets and Easter egg hunts with joy and excitment, so too will they come to an understanding of the joy in celebrating of the resurrection of our Lord.

He is Risen!

He is Risen, indeed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love it, Sheryl! I can so relate to what you've shared as a mother of two young children myself. You write beautifully, and I think that doing this helps remind us to celebrate the small everyday joys with our children! Thanks for sharing.

Lindsey Carlson