Sunday, April 30, 2006

You win some, you lose some . . .

Over the last week or so, Grant has become quite the gentleman. Each time he is given something or helped with something, he offers the most polite "thank you" that you can imagine. If he is told "thank you" for something, he respods with a very gracious "you are very welcome". He doesn't even need the usual reminders to say these things these days. We're not sure where this new interest in manners originated, but Travis and I are happy to take credit for it.

Travis has also been happy to pass blame for another of Grant's new favorite phrases, this time to Grant's Aunt Ann. Those of you who know that Ann lives in Texas and doesn't get to see Grant very often may be surprised to hear that Travis blames her for Grant's downfall. A couple of Christmas's ago Ann gave Grant a Finding Nemo video. Nemo has become Grant's favorite movie. In the movie, a bunch of young fish see a fishing boat and mistakenly say, "Look, a butt" instead of "Look, a boat". Now, "butt" is not a word that we use for a body part with Grant, but none the less he has found the humor in this line of the movie. So . . . over the past several days, Grant has found numerous opportunities to use the line, "Look, a butt!" The worst of which was when we went to Hometown Buffet Friday night. The restaurant made one of its poor workers dress up in a bee costume to entertain the children. (It's a little disappointing that we go to restaurants that have costumed workers, but hey, you get your food right away and they have grilled salmon.) Sophia sees the giant bee and shouts, "Bug! Bug!" To which Grant responds with a shout of, "Look, a butt! Look, a butt!" So, in Travis's mind since Ann gave Grant the movie, she gets the blame.

Other happenings in the Ferguson home . . . Sophia is working on a couple of new teeth. This makes for a cranky, clingy girl. Lucky for her, she's still cute. Our college friends go home this week. The end of the school year is always bitter sweet. I look forward to going to bed earlier and having more evenings for family time. On the other hand, after a week or two, I really start to miss our girls. They really are great at loving on Grant and Sophia, so we all miss them when they are gone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was just sitting here tonight thinking "I'm so sad that I've packed my TV...I miss all my stuff (it's in a storage unit now)...and I have no source of entertainment"...but then I remembered the Ferguson blogs!! I'm so happy that I remembered too because I got all caught up on the cute things Sophia and Grant are up to. They are beautiful. I miss you very much and I can't wait to see you. I'll be home on Friday!!!!!!!!! And I get to see you 2 times next week. I can't wait. I love you all!