Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Frustrated.

< Does this look at all like Sophia? I hope so because we may have to use stick people to accompany blog posts for a while. Our camera was stolen today. Travis, the nice guy that he is, took our camera to school one day last week to get some pictures of his classroom for his portfolio. He allowed some of his students to take pictures of each other. The girls were really excited about the pictures they had taken, so today Travis took the camera back to school so the girls could print their pictures. Unfortunately, one of Travis's students decided to take the camera.

I'm not going to lie . . . I'm frustrated. I really like taking pictures and even more I really liked taking pictures with that camera. (If I may say, ours was not an inexpensive camera.) Turns out though that being nice to people sometimes means taking the risk that they will take advantage. While I really wish that we still had our camera, I am proud that Travis is willing to take the risk of being nice to his students. Travis loves people and tends to assume that if given the opportunity people will do the right thing. I am often too stingy.

As for blog pictures, don't you worry . . . we still have a few that we have taken over the past several days that are waiting to be posted. After that, we'll need to do some camera shopping . . .

1 comment:

Samantha said...

How awful! I'm sorry.

I recommend you invest in a digital SLR. We choose the Nikon D50 because we already had Nikon lenses. We love it!